Red Lion Cottage – Luxury 5 Star cottage accommodation in the Derbyshire Dales / Peak District
Escape to the AA 5 star rated luxury Red Lion Cottage in the pretty historic village of Hognaston high in the hills of Derbyshire. The perfect place to have a fabulous holiday or weekend. No need to take the car, fantastic walks from the door down the pretty footpaths that surround the village. Superb village pub serving great food.
This 300 year old stone cottage has been renovated to a stunning 5 Star luxury standard. Delightful in the summer cosy on the coldest winter day. Full central heating and roaring log fire if you wish. Sleeps 6 in… Two double en suite bedrooms with king size beds and one twin with superb bathroom, free standing bath and shower too!
Large charming country kitchen leading to the terraced garden perfect for an alfresco breakfast.
Accommodation consists of:
- Two large king master bedrooms en suite
- Spacious twin bedroom with bathroom which has shower and bath
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen with Range Master double oven, fridge freezer, microwave and dishwasher
- Washing machine, and tumble dryer.
- Under floor Heating and double glazing this is a very warm cottage!
- Spacious lounge area with TV, DVD.
- Televisions in all the bedrooms.
- Beds made up with fresh linen / towels
- Essential cleaning equipment, dish wash and tabs ,tea towels etc
- Log burning stove for that romantic evening , during the winter months we provide a large basket of logs.
- Private terraced garden with furniture and BBQ (please ask)
- Complimentary Wi-F
- Parking opposit the cottage.This is a conservation village and is by passed.
- Maps and information.
- The Red Lion is a very quiet village Inn serving good food.
- Welcome: Tea, coffee, sugar, milk and cake for when you arrive; half a dozen organic free range eggs from the farm (when the hens are laying!) as well as those little essentials.
Climb the hills of Dovedale, walk in the Peak District National Park and wander down the pretty footpaths to Carsington Water. Marvel at Chatsworth, Hardwick, Haddon and the National Trusts Kedleston Hall. Cycle the Tissington trail and visit the market towns of Ashbourne, Bakewell and Buxton. Go on on spoil yourselves, walk, talk, relax, soak up the peace of our idyllic location and come back to a roaring log fire to laze by.
There are plenty of parking spaces close to the cottage.
Childrens play area in the village, climbing, swings and slides.
Featured in Sawday’s Special Escapes for Derbyshire.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for Red Lion Cottage rental.
“We stayed at the self catering cottage in Hognaston owned by the family of Park View farm, Red Lion cottage. It was so beautiful! What a peaceful and tastefully decorated place! It was a spacious cottage sleeping 6. The village was flower filled and friendly. The Red lion pub next door was great, warm, welcoming and great food!! We really, really enjoyed our stay here and were very surprised at the no expense spared fittings and fixtures in the house. The house was so well insulated that no sound from anywhere was heard, except the birds if you opened the windows! Wanted to stay and stay!” Catherine, Oliver and Eleanor
Read more Customer comments about Red Lion Cottage
Red Lion Cottage sleeps 6 in 3 ensuite bedrooms.
Self-catering holiday bookings usually start on a Friday or a Monday.
You can book for a full week or more to make the most of our stunning Peak District, or for a relaxing weekend short break of 3 nights, or a midweek short break of 4 nights.
Dates and days can be flexible so do call Linda on 01335 360352 or 07960 929617